After purchasing the Companion on ThemeForest, you'll need to download the theme installation package from your ThemeForest account. Login to your ThemeForest account and navigate to the Downloads menu in the profile icon at the top-right corner. On the opened page, find the Companion purchase, click the Download button, and from the dropdown, choose Installable WordPress File Only
Stylemix Hosting offers automatic WordPress installation for you. However, if you wish to install WordPress yourself, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex.
Step 1 - Navigate to Appearance > Themes
Step 2 - Click Add New and click the Upload Theme button
Step 3 - Browse to find the companion.zip file on your computer and click Install Now
Step 4 - Navigate to Appearance > Themes and click the Activate button to activate the newly installed theme
Before you begin the installation, there are a few things you need to have and do.
- Access to your web server (via FTP or shell)
- An FTP Client
- Your web browser of choice
- Step 1 – Log into your FTP client to access your host web server
- Step 2 – Browse to find the companion.zip file on your computer (located in the downloader folder from ThemeForest) and unzip it.
- Step 3 – Upload the folder you extracted from the zip file to yourdomain/wp-content/themes/ folder
- Step 4 – Activate the newly installed theme by going to WordPress > Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.