A quiz can be created via the MS LMS > Quizzes menu. Each Quiz may include unlimited Questions. You can add either existing questions to your Quiz or create a new one via Add new question field.
Under the Quiz Question section, you can add questions to the quiz.
Click on the "+Question" button and select the question type from the dropdown menu.
After adding a question, you can modify its type, order, delete it, or add an answer to it.
You can find all your questions under MS LMS > Questions menu. Question types can be
- Single Choice - Single Choice questions require the selection of one answer from a list of options provided.
- Multi Choice - A question type presents several options for the user to choose the correct answer from
- True or False - A question type requires a simple answer of either true or false to a given statement.
- Item Match - In this question type, learners match items from two columns based on their corresponding attributes.
- Image Match - In the Image Match type of questions, learners are asked to match pairs from different pictures
- Keywords - Keywords question type requires a brief answer in the form of a few words or a short phrase.
- Fill the Gap - Fill the Gap question type presents a statement with a missing word or phrase that the learner must complete.
Follow the link to learn more about questions, types, and related settings:
Besides this, the Quiz Questions section allows you to set a Question bank and use the searching feature.
Quiz settings include the following options:
- Quiz Frontend Description: Description of the Quiz;
- Quiz duration: duration in minutes/hours/days;
- Show correct answer: displays the correct answer at the end of the Quiz;
- Passing grade: Minimum percentage of correct answers for passing the quiz;
- Points total cut after re-take: Quiz re-take cut percentage;
- Randomize Questions: enable automated question randomizer.
To organize a quiz view in a more convenient way you can choose the appropriate Quiz style. Quiz style allows you to display all questions at once (on one page) or break them down into many pages, so one separate question will be displayed on a separate page.
To select the Quiz Style follow Dashboard > STM LMS Settings > Quiz and choose the needed option. This setting will be applied to all the quizzes on your site.
If you'd like to apply the style to one exact quiz only, follow Quizzes > Quiz Name (select the quiz). On the editing page go to the Quiz Settings section and select the needed option from the dropdown for Quiz Style.
Default - uses the style specified in the LMS 'Quiz' settings. One page - displays all the questions on one page. Pagination - displays questions on separate pages.
Switch to the tab of Question Bank. Here you can add the name of the new bank which is literally a group of questions that relate to a similar topic. Set the number of questions allowed in the bank.
To search for questions, click the Questions Library button which will open a new window.
You can use the search field and search for questions.
Also, you can select questions from the list. Just check the needed items and click the "Add Questions" button.
Check quiz results using the Quiz Review option.
Conduct a full review of students' quiz attempts. Look through their answers and analyze their results.
Go to Manage students from the needed course.
Select the student from the list whose answers you want to check and click Progress.
Click on the required quiz to see the data.
You can see every learner’s answer in the quiz. The correct answers are colored in green, and incorrect answers are indicated with red marks.
You can also see the number of attempts and passing percentage.
Click on Show student's answers to see the answers and quiz details.
It will help you to get statistics and identify where the common issues arise, so in the future, you can improve the quiz or detect what topics and questions might need revision.