Update the theme
There are 3 methods to update our wordpress themes to newer version. These new updates are essential if you want to have a bug free website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with wordpress newer versions. There is no risk on losing your settings and pages. However if you have done modifications on core theme files, then they will be lost, so you should back up those files.
After upgrading the theme, you can update extra plugins via Appearance -> Install Plugins.
It’s possible to update the theme easily via Dashboard -> Updates, after activating the theme - https://stylemixthemes.com/forums/topic/token-activation/.
- For this method you should first install Theme Upgrades Tool (http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/)
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from ThemeForest and locate the WordPress Theme.
- Click on Appearance > Themes in your Dashboard. Still within the Themes section, on header tab, click on Add New, then on header second tab click Upload Theme.
- Click Browse… and locate the new theme file.
- In the Upgrade existing theme? Option choose Yes from the dropdown list.
- Click Install Now and Activate the theme.
- Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboard > Downloads)
- Download the theme into your computer
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free) Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
- Unzip the item main file and locate theme archive file and unzip it. Make sure your unzipping software do not create extra directory with the same name nested into each other.
- Drag and drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination : YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/
- FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose replace all.
Also, remember to clear your browser cache after each update if you notice anything off. Old theme files can persist in your local cache and make you think something's wrong.
Again, thank you for purchasing this theme!
If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this document, feel free to pose them in the dedicated support forum at www.stylemixthemes.com