Comment on page
How to add video to the lesson
Want your lessons to be more exciting? Just add video content to the lesson. It is very easy to do by means of the Video lesson type. While creating or editing lessons it is required to select the Video lesson type and choose one of the available video sources:
Important: The video upload is only active for Video Type lessons. Don’t forget to specify the lesson type.
In MS LMS > Settings > Course it is required to select the preferred video sources, so instructors could choose one of them for the Video lesson type.
HTML (MP4) Source type allows instructors directly upload video files to the lesson.
Lesson settings include the following options for HTML (MP4) Source type:
- Lesson video: By clicking the upload button video file can be selected from Media Gallery. If the video does not exist on the Media Gallery, it is possible to select it from the computer and upload it to the lesson.
- Lesson video poster: The preview image that displays before playing the video.
- Lesson video width: Maximum Video Width.
Please note: The loading speed can be decreased after video upload depending on server limits, and if the video doesn't upload it is required to check server parameters.
Students can continue watching the video from the point they stopped before, so even returning to the lesson day after they still can continue from the minute they left.
We recommend using CDN to improve the site speed and performance if uploading large video files is planned. It will be better if large files are uploaded on external video hostings like YouTube or Vimeo to save limits on the hosting side.
YouTube Source type allows instructors to add videos to the lesson from popular video hosting.
Lesson settings include the following options for YouTube Source type:
- YouTube video URL: The direct URL of the video that can be copied from the Browser address bar:
Vimeo Source type allows instructors to add videos to the lesson from popular video hosting.
Lesson settings include the following options for Vimeo Source type:
- Vimeo video URL: The direct URL of the video that can be copied from the Browser address bar:
External Link Source type allows instructors to insert direct links to the videos from external sources:
Lesson settings include the following options for External Link Source type:
- External link: The direct URL of the video that ends with an extension of the file: https://site-name.domain/videos/sample.mp4
Embed Source type allows instructors to embed videos from external sources:
Lesson settings include the following options for Embed Source type:
- Embed iFrame content: The embed code of the video that can be copied from the player or while sharing:
The following code is a sample for embed code:
<iframe allowtransparency="true" title="Wistia video player" allowFullscreen frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" src="https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/1w9z4zg847" width="400" height="225"></iframe>
Using the shortcode, it is possible to display videos in the lesson content processed by other additional plugins.
Lesson settings include the following options for Shortcode Source type:
- Shortcode: The code can be copied out from the third-party plugin which can process videos.
The following code is a sample for shortcode:
Using the Presto Player source type allows selecting a video that was edited using the Presto Player plugin that takes video to another level and delights viewers will a modern video experience.
Lesson settings include the following options for Presto Player Source type:
- Presto Player videos: Select one of the available videos that were edited using the Presto Player plugin.
That is how students will see a video lesson: